AutoLocation Using %albearing?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by muellthos, Apr 12, 2015.

1. muellthos

muellthos New Member

Hi all,

I have setup a geofence and a task, which calls home when I enter the geofence. This works so far. But I'd love to add a condition, that my tasks will only fire if I enter the geofence from a particular direction. How to accomplish this? I %albearing the way to go?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that may work, although be aware that it only works when you use the location monitor to get your location and if the monitor is set to high precision. Hope this helps.

3. Insanity

Insanity New Member

I've solved a similar problem like this myself by using two small geofences. Then I use a task to determine which way I'm heading based on which geofence was traveled to last. Never considered trying to determine direction that way. Doing it my way does offer the same end results. I fire tasks based on if I'm heading to or from work.

4. muellthos

muellthos New Member

Thanks for your answers.
    @joaomgcd : I think I will be alway on car using waze or another navigation app when I enter this geofence, so high precision should not be the problem.
    @Insanity : How do you do this? Do you have a variable which is filled with the name of the geofence you just leaving?