AutoLocation Using AutoLocation simultaneously with another GPS app?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by kalifornia, Dec 16, 2015.

1. kalifornia

kalifornia New Member

I have a geofence setup in the same way that this video describes which is essentially creating a smaller radius inside of a larger radius and adjusting the accuracy to turn to high when entering the larger radius and then using the smaller radius to trigger an action when entered (in this case launch my bluetooth garage door opener app).

The problem is that when I leave my house (i.e. the smaller radius) in the morning I have another profile to autolaunch Waze and I've noticed that ever since I started the autolocation profile above, that Waze is unable to lock onto my location using GPS. It seems that I have to leave the larger radius and then restart waze before it tracks me to any degree of accuracy.

Is this a known limitation of Android that only one app can access the GPS coordinates at a time? Am I doing something wrong with my approach using Autolocation? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have it set up as an exit task to stop tracking when I leave the larger radius so I would have guessed that when I do leave that circle the problem would resolve itself but that doesn't seem to be the case in my limited testing.

2. MikeW

MikeW Member

I can say that multiple apps can use GPS at once. In my Digital Dash project my Nexus 7 runs Google Maps, Torque, The Weather Channel. MyRadar, and AutoLocation simultaneously and they all access GPS.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

I don't think it should be related. Apps use the GPS independently, so one doesn't affect the others. Hope this clarifies it.

4. kalifornia

kalifornia New Member

OK thanks for the replies. That helps at least eliminate one potential reason this is happening.