Open Web Version - push history is blank

Discussion in 'Join' started by prom85, Jul 12, 2018.

1. prom85

prom85 New Member

I'm trying to use join to send texts from my phone to my laptop only. Therefore I simply tried to test this by sending myself a message. It appear in my android app and I get the notification.

Additionally I send texts from the web interface to my phone.

But I can't access the history in the web interface (select my phone and click "push history"), I see a blank page only.

I tried testing it in my phone's browser, their I see blank buttons on the main page only and clicking the first one does not do anything...

Any ideas why this happens?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you try clicking on your phone first in the device list and only then clicking on Push History?

3. prom85

prom85 New Member

In the meantime it works on my phones browser, still in the web browser I see a blank page only... It may be that my employer is blocking the server url the data is retrieved from... Will check this at home today once more and let you know...

PS: with "click the phone" first you mean the phone browser version? This may have been the issue for me... Is not that intuitive, it looked more like a header... Clicking it in the web browser on my laptop has no effect (no forwarding or page reloading nor does anything change via ajax, js or similar...)

PPS: I probably can't use the app for what I need it, but one thing is missing: I can't share anything with join on my phone, because I only have one device. Theoretically this is true, but practically my second "device" would be the browser and so I would simply like to share something with my single device to have access to this in the browser... Maybe an option for this usecase in the android app would be nice...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. joaomgcd

Thanks for the suggestion!

I meant in the page you have a list of devices (in your case you only have 1). You have to click a device so that you can enable the buttons for it. I agree that it makes more sense when you have more than 1 device.

5. prom85

prom85 New Member

6. joaomgcd

And you're sure that the device has some push history?

7. prom85

prom85 New Member

Yes I am. Even after sending a message from web to phone and after receiving it on my phone, I see an empty push history...

8. joaomgcd

Thanks. Do you also see an empty push history in the Android app if you select your phone?

9. prom85

prom85 New Member

No, on my phone everything works as intended and I see all messages in the hostory

: web