Open Windows 10 App Hang at Splash

Discussion in 'Join' started by Diogenes, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Diogenes

Diogenes New Member

Hello, all!

I just installed the Windows 10 App on my computer, but whenever I open it, it just hangs at what looks like a splash screen (see screenshot below). It never loads or opens any further.

I've checked to make sure I'm a compatible version of Windows (I am), and I've trying uninstalling and reinstalling as well as rebooting my computer.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Never saw that issue before. Does that happen with any other app on your PC? Is there maybe a popup pending beneath the app? Can you try changing the window size? thanks!

3. Diogenes

Diogenes New Member

I've tried resizing it-- no luck. No popup either, as far as I can tell. I've never had something like this happen before. It's a mystery haha

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, for me too! :O I don't even know if there are some windows logs that could be checked to know what could possibly be wrong... Do you?

5. cg9916

cg9916 New Member

Just want to chime in and say I get the same hang on the splash screen but 9 times out of 10 it force closes eventually - occasionally it will get to the point I can see the little sign in button in the top left before closing, but that's the furthest I've gotten. It works on an old laptop, though.

I know this was an issue with Win10 Metro apps some time ago - the hanging/force closing - but it was supposedly fixed and this is the only app which has done it even once out of the 20 or so I use. I went through all of the supposed solutions and PowerShell work-throughs to fix any general issues to no avail. Maybe a general Win10 issue anyway?

Happy to try anything if it can help somehow.