Open Windows + Windows Phone client bugs / suggestions

Discussion in 'Join' started by Vrokolos, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Vrokolos

Vrokolos New Member

Hi. I just bought the windows client. Sometimes I get an error about null reference whenever I try to share to join or when a notification arrives there is another notification after it about a null reference.
    Some suggestions on the windows client. There is a notification listener API from microsoft you can use to hook up to the notification system and forward them.
    I'd like a way to open links sent to windows automatically like you do on the android systems. Also is there a way to share to nearby devices on windows?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately UWP makes it quite a bit hard to track down those bugs, but I'll do my best to figure it out thanks.
    About the notification listener API, where did you see that exactly? :) Sounds interesting!
    About opening links automatically, I'd have to use another set of APIs Microsoft has that weren't available when I created Join, but I can look into that!

Can you add that request here so I can give it proper priority? https://joaoapps.helprace.com/ Thanks!

3. Vrokolos

Vrokolos New Member

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you very much! :) Appreciate it!

: windows 10