Solved Write with phone on pc

Discussion in 'Join' started by Androy, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Androy

Androy New Member

Hi!

I would like to be able to write text anywhere on my Windows PC using my Android phone.

How can I do this as convenient as possible, the less steps the better?

It's very easy to write on my phone from Chrome on my pc using "Write text in an app....".

I don't find "Write" in my Android app as an alternative for what you can do with/to my PC "Device"

The only way I have found is to open
    joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com
    in Chrome on my phone and for my Device PC click "Write".

It only writes to the clipboard on my pc, not directly at the cursor, I have to paste in the text.

Is there an easier way?

To get the "Write" (to PC) button in to the Android app would be a big improvement. Then I would be able to put "Write to my pc" as a "Built in action"-shortcut on the desktop on my phone.

To have the text written directly at the cursor on my pc and not to the clipboard would also be very nice and convenient.

I've got Eventghost running on my PC but I would prefer not to have to go that way, only if that's the best solution.

Grateful for help!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can set the clipboard on the PC, but not directly write on your PC. IF you want to do that, you'd have to use EventGhost :)

3. Androy

Androy New Member

Ok.

Would it be possible to implement?
    "Send text" in the app Unified Remote has got this "write at pc cursor from phone"-feature (but not well implemented).

Please make it a feature request from me.

Regarding using Eventghost to make it work, does anyone have any help or pointers to offer regarding how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately only a non-App Store windows app can write directly. About EventGhost you can start out here. Receiving messages in eventghost from Join should be about the same as in AutoRemote :)

5. Androy

Androy New Member

Ok. Thanks.
    I'll look into the Eventghost solution.

I don't quite understand what "non-App Store windows app" means.

Ifyou are interested to check out the app that has got the send text to pc cursor feature it is this Android app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Relmtech.Remote

using this plugin:
    https://www.unifiedremote.com/remotes/send-text

It uses it's own server on the pc so perhaps you mean the feature is not possible/allowed when going via/using a Chrome eextension like Join does.

Thanks again for your help and for Join.
    I'm afraid I probably will be back with questions regarding making send text to pc cursor working via Eventghost :)!