AutoVoice Alexa Autovoice

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Knottyboy, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Knottyboy

Knottyboy New Member

I've had autovoice set up for several things and haven't tinkered with it in a while. I've now added an Alexa command and it doesn't seem work.
    The command is received by autovoice but if a second word is said it doesn't execute.
    Just to clarify, I've basically set up the trigger word "Skype". My end aim is to get Alexa to Skype someone.
    If I say "Alexa ask Autovoice to Skype john", for example, nothing is executed but I do get a toast saying "Skype john".
    If I just say "Alexa ask Autovoice to Skype" the task is triggered and I get a toast saying "Skype".
    The problem is as soon as I add a second word the task is not triggered. Which is redundant as obviously I want to Skype different people so need the %avword2 to work.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. Knottyboy

Knottyboy New Member

Profile: Skype (50)
    Event: AutoVoice Recognized [ Configuration:Easy Commands: sky, skype ]
    Enter: Skype (52)
    A1: Flash [ Text:Test to work skype %avword2 Long:Off ]

I've tried just sky and just skype (somtimes alexa hears skype as sky).

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You have to set the easy command to something like "sky $name,skype $name" so that it accepts extra words. Otherwise just those exact words will be accepted.Check this example: