Solved Android to Win10 clipboard workflow

Discussion in 'Join' started by JLJTGR, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JLJTGR

JLJTGR New Member

Since Android 10, I haven't been able to find a replacement for my clipboard syncing... Join works around the limitations Google put in place... but the workflow seems too cumbersome.

For instance, my last solution was Alt-C.
    #1: Copy text on Android device
    #2: Press Alt-V on PC (done)​

The workflow with Join seems to be...
    #1: Copy text on Android device
    #2: Click bubble
    #3: Select PC device to send to
    #4: Click notification from the Win10 app
    #5: Click the text in the window the notification opens
    #6: Return to other application and press Ctrl-V (done)​

Is this really the quickest workflow? I feel like steps 4 and 5 are unnecessary. The rest are probably harder to streamline.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can enable automatic syncing in the Android app's settings so it happens like you want it to. :)

3. JLJTGR

JLJTGR New Member

According to this thread you posted in, this doesn't work for Windows 10.
    https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?threads/windows-10-app-android-clipboard-sync.30734/

Enabling the setting you mention just creates a toast saying "You don't have any other devices yet."

I read a lot of threads where you say the UWP platform prevents you from doing many things. I was toying with the idea of just making a Windows service to handle the PC side for me, but the workflow Android side wouldn't be ideal and it would be one way.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh, you're totally right, I'm sorry! I forgot about that limitation... You don't happen to use Chrome do you? :) That would allow you to use the extension that has less restrictions...

5. JLJTGR

JLJTGR New Member

I'm not a tab hoarder, so I try to not keep my browser open all of the time... but I also don't use Chrome.

I made it a Sunday project to make a WinForms webservice for clipboard access. A Tasker profile/task easily took care of the Android part of it. The reverse direction can still be handled by Alt-C.

: clipboard