AutoRemote Join > IFTTT > EvenGhost push sending issue

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Karmalakas, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Karmalakas

Karmalakas New Member

Hi,

I just reinstalled Windows 10 fresh and can't get EG to recieve message from IFTTT when I use Google Assistant on phone. I didn't have Chrome extension installed previously and managed to get it working, but now - can't find out what's the issue.

I can send messages from phone to EG and back. I get response on GAssist as defined in my IFTTT applet. It just seems I need correct device ID to define in URL on IFTTT:
    https://joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com/_ah/api/messaging/v1/sendPush?text=MY_TEXT&deviceId=<...>

If I change ID to Chrome's ID, then I get push on Chrome, but I used to get it straight on EG. What I might be missing?

Thank you

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You need to push it to Chrome and then enable the option there to redirect to EG :)

upload_2020-3-6_13-19-3.png

3. Karmalakas

Karmalakas New Member

But I can send messages from phone to EG. It's just I can't figure out how to do it from IFTTT to EG. Or there's no way to do that without redirect? Will I be able to get pushes to Chrome if I redirect them all to EG? I have only a couple of specific cases I want to send to EG. And where do I find EG port?

Oohh.... so many questions :D Sorry, but I'm confused :)

4. joaomgcd

The only other way would be to expose your public IP to the world and have EG listen on that IP... I think the redirect option is safer and more reliable :)

• Pushes to Chrome will still be processed by chrome but will also reach EG
    • You can check the port in the EG AutoRemote plugin's settings. It's usually 1818 but you can change it there if you want.

5. Karmalakas

Karmalakas New Member

Oh, I see
    Added a port and that was enough
    Thanks for explaining :)

6. joaomgcd

No problem!