AutoLocation location changes not being detected by Tasker

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Mike T, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mike T

Mike T New Member

For the past few weeks many of my location changes are not detected by Tasker. I leave for work and have tasks I want to run when I leave my home area but it seems 50:50 whether they get triggered. If I stop autolocation geofence and restart it when location changes are not recognized, then as soon as it restarts Tasker sees the change.
    I don't know how to figure out whether the issue is in autolocation or Tasker. I turned on the logs and all that is in it is "Lite from cache: false" spanning the period when away should have triggered.
    What can I do to get the geofence to work reliably?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you go into "Manage Geofences" you can see the state of each. Is it correct there?

3. Speshal

Speshal New Member

Oddly enough mine is doing this too.
    I used a free GPS tool from the play store to clear and reset the AGPS data but I'm finding that a few geofences aren't triggering on Tasker.
    In Autolocation it will say I am inside the geofence if I check it manually but the associated task hasn't triggered.
    For example I use a Walking app called MapMyWalk, I have a Tasker profile that opens the app, then Autotools to set GPS on and Autolocation Geofence Monitor and Location Monitor start which works fine. Just a few fences won't trigger the associated profile.

4. Mike T

Mike T New Member

Not sure what you mean by "state". When I go into the Manage selection all I see is my geofence listed. I clicked on it and it opened a map and the map has the correct location. At the top of the page there was a link for backing up geofences, that didn't seem to be related.

Is there supposed to be a way to see whether the geofence thinks it is inside or outside?

In any event, I see the same behavior. Tasker did not seem to realize I was outside the geofence until I stop and restart it.

5. Speshal

Speshal New Member

Hi Mike,
    If you go into "Manage Geofences" they should be listed and you should see if you are inside or outside that geofence.
    Screenshot_2017-03-12-10-21-10.png

6. Mike T

Mike T New Member

I opened the app the next time I saw the error and the geofence thinks I am inside even though I am 20 miles from home. Looking at the forum I see someone else has started a thread with a similar problem. And I already have the "force location monitor to help" button checked.
    Is there anything else we can do to get this to work? As a Google app developer is there a contact with the Android software you can get assistance from?