AutoRemote Remove or updated linux devices.......

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by JP3L33T, Mar 10, 2016.

1. JP3L33T

JP3L33T New Member

Because i refuse to pay the ridiculous price for a static IP through my local ISP and i don't like my alternative options through DNS services.
    How can i update and or remove old linux device settings
    Meaning that each time my IP changes I have to re-input the curl command to re register my device.
    This add multiples of the same devices in autoremote but only 1 of the multiple are usable.

*****************************************************************************************************************
    Also it would be really nice if someone could write me a script / cron job that i could run to update this information daily or every time my IP changes.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. If you use the same id for the device in the curl command it should just update and not create a new one. is that not happening for you?

3. JP3L33T

JP3L33T New Member

No it isn't, for whatever reason.

4. joaomgcd

Can you show me what curl command you're using? Thanks

5. JP3L33T

JP3L33T New Member

Code (Text):
    curl "[URL]http://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/registerpc?key=<[/URL][I]MY PERSONAL KEY>[/I]&name=RaspberryPI&id=pi&type=linux&publicip=0.0.0.0.&localip=$(sudo ifconfig wlan0 |grep "inet addr" |awk '{print $2}' |awk -F: '{print $2}')"
    I also noticed after running the command it puts 2 files in my home folder one called
    Code (Text):
    inet
    the other is
    Code (Text):
    addr
    However these 2 files empty.

I mean this information has to be stored somewhere right?

Also I tried starting with a fresh image but the app still showed the device from my previous image.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  6. joaomgcd

Sorry, just to clarify, does the command you run really have that part in it?

: linux