AutoRemote How to disable intercepting Android chrome link opening

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Haider, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Haider

Haider New Member

Hi there,

I needed somehow to communicate between tasker and IFTTT or Zapier, so I have purchased Autoremote.

I did not realize that the android chrome began asking me with what app I want to open the link, when I do a google search and want to open a new tab or even just clicking the link.

I spent literally tens of hours spanning ~2 months searching how to disable opening links of chrome in an external browser. Google Now app has this feature letting me to choose whether opening the links should be done in an internal or external browser. I thought something similar happened to my android chrome especially that I had installed also the chrome dev and chrome beta.

I thought this is a bug in chrome because of installing several chrome apps. Searched all the flags and all the internet for a solution, and nobody had this problem. Then a moment of insight came to use intent intercept (since in this behavior an intent is being sent weirdly when I click a link in chrome, otherwise it shouldn't ask me for a default application to open it). Intent intercept gave me the hint that Autoremote is the cause for this. Probably I did not think about it, since I haven't use Autoremote yet, and forgot about one of its features to send links opened in android chrome to chrome of a pc.

Now why it bother's me to assign a default application like chrome for opening links in chrome?
    First, my default browser is not chrome. I use Flynx floating browser which is very useful in opening links in several apps like twitter, facebook...etc. to let the pages downloaded in the background while I continue browsing twitter. And second, even if I assign chrome as the default browser, then opening a link as a new tab will make it switching to this new tab, which I don't like. Usually I search in google, and open a bunch of links in new tabs, then I will see them one by one. Besides that I have installed chrome beta and chrome dev, and if I assign the chrome as the default, all the new tabs in these apps will be switched and opened in the chrome browser.

Another browser affected, the Samsung browser 'Internet'. Firefox and opera are not affected.

Is there anyway to let Autoremote stop intercepting the opening of links in chrome of android?
    Can you please consider adding something in the setting of Autoremote to disable such behavior? Not all users need it. Some of them needs Autoremote for ifttt or zapier or other things only.

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can disable that in AutoRemote -> Settings -> Shares.

Hope this helps!

3. Haider

Haider New Member

Thanks!!
    That's solved it.

The concept of opening the links remotely on a pc is very nice. However not all the time I need it. Is there anyway to toggle the shares settings fast, like a widget or a tasker shortcut in the desktop or using autonotification?

Thanks again!!!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Not right now, sorry! This is the only way to do it for now. Another option is to use the share menu items instead of the "Browse" items :) This way they'll only appear in the share menu and not when you're trying to browse to a website.