AutoTools Can't get Logcat to work

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by carnol, Jan 26, 2017.

1. carnol

carnol New Member

Hi

Logcat is not working for me. I have unlocked AutoTools and granted it android.permission.READ_LOGS.
    I have created a task with a LogCat action (I tried both with and without filters) but whenever I "play" the action I get an error:
    02.20.16/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoTools LogCat / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 6 bundle keys 6
    02.20.16/E AutoTools LogCat: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autotools/com.joaomgcd.autotools.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    02.20.16/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
    02.20.16/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    02.21.17/E Error: null

If I check Continue Task After Error,
    %err = 2
    %errmsg = timeout

It seems that AutoTools doesn't get access to the logs. I have checked that it has the permission. So I don't know what to try next.

I have a rooted Sony Z5 running Marshmallow 6.0.1

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. carnol

carnol New Member

Yes, of course. This is my latest test task. As I mentioned earlier, I have tried it with and without filters. This one is without filters and on the Verbose level. I have tried different levels as well but no luck.

Test 2 (46)
    A1: AutoTools LogCat [ Configuration:Number Of Lines: 2 Timeout (Seconds):60 Continue Task After Error:On ]
    A2: Flash [ Text:%atlogtime(1) %atlogtag(1) %atlog(1)
    %err
    %errmsg Long:Off ]

Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. joaomgcd

Thanks! So that doesn't show anything at all?

5. carnol

carnol New Member

Nope. The flash says:
    %atlogtime1 %atlogtag1 %atlog1
    timeout

6. carnol

carnol New Member

Update: I upgraded my phone to Nougat. LogCat seems to be working fine now. :)

7. joaomgcd

Oh sorry for not getting back to you before! I'm glad it works now!

carnol likes this.