AutoRemote Unable to send a message to IFTTT

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by the.ultimate.ed, Feb 2, 2017.

1. the.ultimate.ed

the.ultimate.ed New Member

I've recently purchased AutoRemote so as to let a tasker event trigger an IFTTT action.

I believe that I've set up AutoRemote as per the tutorial where I create a device using the IFTTT button and adding my secret URL from the Maker service in IFTTT.

In order to check that IFTTT can communicate with AutoRemote, I set up a PushButton recipe that sends the MESSAGE_HERE toast to AutoRemote, on demand. That works fine.

I have also set up 2 different recipes, 1 where it takes the Maker event name "test" and sends back the MESSAGE_HERE toast. And another that takes the Maker event name "LightsOff" and turns off my Hue lights.

Unfortunately, when I set up a tasker event to send a message to IFTTT via AutoRemote, (or even just send a test message via the AutoRemote app), using the event names "test" or "LightsOff" in the message, all I get is a very long error toast starting "Unable to send to IFTTT:LightsOff - <DOCTYPE html>.........” and then what appears to be code for a webpage.

I have tried reinstalling AutoRemote, reconnecting Maker and setting up a new IFTTT device in AutoRemote, and I still get the error either on wi-fi or mobile data.

I've searched the forums and can't find this error (if it's documented somewhere, please direct me there), otherwise, does anyone know how to set up AutoRemote/Android to send a message to IFTTT after experiencing this error?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Avi likes this.
  3. the.ultimate.ed

the.ultimate.ed New Member

That's fantastic, thank you. I knew it'd be something simple like that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

4. Garvus

Garvus New Member

The URL is 404.

What does, "only set the key" mean?

5. Garvus

Garvus New Member

I think I will try making a new IFTTT device in AR without the https://

6. Garvus

Garvus New Member

GOT IT! ONLY the last bit ..."the key"....duh.

Sorry for wasting time. Joao you are the best BTW. I have most if not all you plugins.

joaomgcd likes this.
: ifttt