AutoVoice Api.ai, Autovoice and Alexa

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by alextn99, Sep 4, 2017.

1. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

Hi all, i recently watched this API.ai intergration with Autovoice.

All works great except now I want to intergrate it with Alexa and broadlink RM.
    I have tried numerous ways but I am assuming that API.ai doesn't intergrate w/ Alexa?

IE. I can't ask it a question like turn on.. and it will ask me in return turn on which lights?
    in fact i have even tried just "ask autovoice turn on living room lights" and that doesn't work. Is there anyway to mke it work?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, you have to enable natural language for asssistant in AutoVoice -> Natural Language -> Commands :)

Hope this helps!

3. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

Thanks so much for your response! just wonderin so if i set up everyhting in api.ai it will also ask me which lights, etc to turn on? or it can't ask anyhting back

4. joaomgcd

Yep, it sure can :)

5. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

Hmmm i enabled everything but still no response when I ask it Alexa, turn on.
    Seems like Alexa thinks the commands are sent but it doesn't initiate anything. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  6. joaomgcd

Did you delete the non-natural language commands that match that command?

7. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

yup i did

8. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

I've enabled Alexa connection as well and am saying Alexa, turn on Philips
    upload_2017-9-5_0-39-24.png

upload_2017-9-5_0-38-27.png
    upload_2017-9-5_0-36-17.png

9. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

Hi Joao just wondering is there something wrong w/ the server or something? As looks like I see a few other posts about people having issues integrating natural language with Alexa. There's no responses coming back and basic commands aren't working

10. joaomgcd

Yep, I just tested it myself and it seems to be working ok. Can you clarify exactly what Alexa responds when you try to use a natural language command?

11. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

Alexa will say command sent, turn on. You mentiond to test it locally to see if tasker is working, where do I go to do that? I can try it right now thanks

12. joaomgcd

In Tasker use the AutoVoice Natural Language action and run the task. Thanks!

Also, can you please go into the main AutoVoice app -> Personal Assistant -> Commands -> Pull down on the list to refresh and check if you have any commands there that might be causing this?

13. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

It works fine in local. I also went to Autovoice personal assistant and doesn't work it seems.

Right now I'm tryin again with the eco just a simple command "echo, tell autovoice to turn on"
    it says command sent, turn on...

but if i test it on my tablet it says "which unit?" which is the correct prompt

14. joaomgcd

So when you pulled down on your commands in "Personal Assistant" did no command at all show up?

15. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

correct. no commands in personal assistant showed up.
    Also i have autovoice, tasker, etc installed on 3 devices.. ... does that cause issues?

also if i test a prompt and tell autovoice to say hello via alexa... the prompt shows up on only one device. is that normal?

16. joaomgcd

Hmm, what do you mean by "prompt" exactly?

17. joaomgcd

Also, can you please try disabling the natural language for assistant option in AutoVoice and then enabling it again? thanks!

18. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

i tried that and it still doesn't work. let me try a fresh uninstall and reinstall of everything.

19. joaomgcd

Ok, let me know after you do that. Thanks for patience

20. alextn99

alextn99 New Member

i jsut tried again, everything is working locally however i noticed now that RM plugin is not linking. i set up the ation to link to rm plugin and press a saved button however it doesn't work. When I manualyl go in to rm plugin and test the button though it works fine. Any idea what might be the reason?