Open Join will suddenly stop pushing notifications

Discussion in 'Join' started by nikpmr, Mar 13, 2018.

1. nikpmr

nikpmr New Member

Hi there, I've been having this problem for a couple of months and I would love to get it addressed.

Every so often, Join will simply stop pushing notifications from my Android 6 phone to my Windows app on my PC. I'm not sure how to fix the issue. Sometimes restarting my PC or phone gets it going again, sometimes logging out and logging back in works, it's very sporadic and odd.

Is there some sort of debugging process or something I can use to track down the source of this problem? It's starting to happen every one or two days and is starting to get frustrating. Appreciate the help.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the report. It can be several things.

When that happens, can you still push other stuff from your phone to your PC? Like sending a web page for example?

3. nikpmr

nikpmr New Member

Sending a note to my PC will work most of the time. Requesting location, however, will not.
    I'm guessing there isn't a log of some sort that shows where the push failed?

4. joaomgcd

But I mean, when it stops pushing notifications altogether. Do the pushes work at that time?

5. nikpmr

nikpmr New Member

It stopped working just now. Messages do not appear when they are received. But when I choose "Send Note" and send a note to my PC, it appears without issue.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. nikpmr

nikpmr New Member

What I did to fix it is flip Join's Read Notifications permission off, and then back on again.

7. nikpmr

nikpmr New Member

It just happened again. Now even Send Note doesn't work. This time I fixed it by switching to a different WiFi connection.

8. joaomgcd

Seems to me that your connection can be having some issues?