AutoNotification Replace third-party notificatios with your own 1.1

Learn how to totally customize specific 3rd party notifications: custom sounds, vibration, etc.

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

To reverse it, just delete the project and unblock Whatsapp notifications in the main AutoNotification app.

lostmedic likes this.
  2. lostmedic

lostmedic New Member

it is annoying to anyone around that hears it. not the person that makes the project activate.

3. lostmedic

lostmedic New Member

Thank you.

4. Ulysses31

Ulysses31 New Member

Will this stop the annoying pop up notifications that's WhatsApp sends?

If so can you explain how I go about installing this from scratch, your instructions are a bit advanced!

5. joaomgcd

To install the app simply do it from here. Is that what you needed?

6. Ulysses31

Ulysses31 New Member

Yeah ive got the paid version of that app, I'm just struggling to make it control my WhatsApp popup notifications.

7. joaomgcd

What part can't you get to work?

8. Ulysses31

Ulysses31 New Member

It recognises there is a notification, but I want to block the built in pop up notification and add my own.

9. Popo

Popo New Member

Hi,

Can I use this to change icon in the notification bar for an iplum contact to another icon? I'm so confused!

Thanks

10. joaomgcd

Yes, you should. What part left you confused? :)

11. Popo

Popo New Member

Lol.. . I'm afraid the first step. I got the full version of autinotification but don't understand what to do next!

12. pip

pip New Member

This does not work with persistent notifications right?
    I couldn't make it work at least...

13. joaomgcd

What part couldn't you get to work exactly?

14. swagopearl

swagopearl New Member

Thank you as this is an awesome app and your willingess to share is amazing
    I do have one question which I hope is fairly easy for you to explain how to make this happen. For my sitiation I am looking to block the standard WA message for a user (got that part working perfectly) but only want to see an alert with a name in my notifications and vibrate. I will therefore need to log into WA to reply but that's ok.

I am hoping that there are segments of the XML I can remove or change some variable values and that this is an easy fix. I am not a coder but I do understand code and can read it. The challenge is I am not great with the syntax so my hacking at it is tough since if I misplace a punctuation mark that would cripple me.

Thanks for any help

15. joaomgcd

Sorry to be clear you want to see a notification but then want it to go away after a bit?