Adding AutoRemote plugin to Eventghost

Discussion in 'EventGhost' started by HarleyRider944, Dec 29, 2015.

1. HarleyRider944

HarleyRider944 New Member

I have AutoRemote installed on phone with Tasker. I have eventghost installed on pc. When I go to add AutoRemote plug in using the personal URL, I get an INVALID URL message in the Device key field. I can enter the goo.gl/xxxxxx URL into a webbrowser and it opens a page fine. But in the program it gives me an error and doesn't provide me a Device Key. The box is greyed out so i can't manually copy/paste it there (from the address bar in the browser) either. Is there a feature that needs to be enabled that isn't that I am missing. I've tried unchecking ACTIVE in AutoRemote and even rebooting the phone. When I go back into Auto/Remote and set it active, I get the same personal URL and it still won't give me a Device Key in eventghost. How do I fix this?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure you're running the latest plugin version for EG? The personal key textbox shouldn't be greyed out in the latest version

3. HarleyRider944

Well I used autoremote for windows to update the plugin before I tried to add the plug in and I get the grayed out box with invalid URL every time I try. I've tried it on 2 different pc's.

4. HarleyRider944

Ok. I got it to enter a key. I do believe the plug in that I had was outdated and that was the problem. Now, I'm looking for a tutorial on how to use eventghost and autoremote to Boot up my PC. I don't want it to "wake it up from sleep". I want it to turn it on when its off. Is this possible with Autoremote/eventghost/tasker combination?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

No sorry. :) EventGhost can't do anything if it's not already running. You can use Wake on lan on it if your PC supports it though