Support for Data URL's (Join)

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Lucas Ch., Oct 24, 2019.

1. Lucas Ch.

Lucas Ch. New Member

I have come to an issue with one particular chrome extension (Explain and Send), so I reached out to it's developer. After some explanation, developer suggested, that I should find out, if Join support Data URL, as this is why I can't push screenshots created in Explain and Send using Join.
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Basics_of_HTTP/Data_URIs
    Are there any plans to support that, please?
    Thanks.
    PS. Link to an issue: https://jasonsavard.com/forum/discussion/5589/sending-image-with-push-service

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Where exactly are you trying to use data urls in Join? Thanks!

3. Lucas Ch.

Lucas Ch. New Member

Hi there,
    Very often I use a Chrome extension called Explain and Send, where you can create screenshots and annotations. Once it is created, file is opened in new chrome tab with url of: filesystem:chrome-extension://mdddabjhelpilpnpgondfmehhcplpiin/temporary/Screenshot-of-Sending-image-with-push-service-Jason-s-Forum.jpg
    Normally, with Join Chrome extension, you just click right mouse button on any image, select Join, then Download Image on <device_name>. It works with any website based photos/images, but not those created in Explain and Send:
    [​IMG]
    I have contacted its developer (link to issue in first post), where I have described the issue and he said it is due to DATA URL support, or rather lack of that support.
    Basically, when I click Join>Download image on <device_name>, I receive a message on my phone, that file could not be open.
    GKOE54K3BOQO.jpg
    I have also tried to push Explain and Send screenshots using Pushbullet, but I also don't receive them on my phone, that's why I have contacted Explain and Send developer first, thinking issue was with an extension. But he suggested data urls support by push service (Join or Pushbullet).

Attached Files:

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh, I see. Unfortunately yeah, that won't work because that image is not available as publicly accessible URL. I would have to try and work around that somehow...

Lucas Ch. likes this.
  5. Lucas Ch.

Lucas Ch. New Member

That would be great, if you could look into it. Thanks for your support and great work.

6. Bednim

Bednim New Member

Hi Joao, just my two cents here, when pushing very same image to different pc, image opens fine, but not on android as Lucas mentioned.