AutoInput Problem scrolling in menu

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TRS-80, Mar 24, 2016.

1. TRS-80

TRS-80 New Member

First of all, awesome set of apps you have here, I have already bought a few, and looking forward to doing more cool things with my phone! :)

I have been reading and reading, and have been able to figure out most things so far on my own, but this one has me stumped.

I have an app called My Life Organized, that has a typical hamburger menu button at top left:

[​IMG]

I have figured out how to use AutoInput to press that, and open the menu. So far, so good:

[​IMG]

However, now here is where I'm having the problem. I need to swipe up on the menu in order to scroll it down and get to the element I need to press in order to select, and ultimately change, the profile:

[​IMG]

I have tried all manner of menu scroll, screen swipe via root, etc. but just can't seem to get anything to work. I'm not sure what else to try? :confused::(

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

If you use the "AutoInput Action" with the "Scroll Forward" action on the "All Tasks" text for example, it should work :)
    Let me know

dheeraj and TRS-80 like this.
  3. Ghoria

Ghoria New Member

I have done all my scrolling with a shell command through tasker:
    input swipe 100 1200 100 300

Alas, not all phones support this type of shell command.

I can't get autoinput scroll forward to work either.

What is the relevance of the text you specify in the scroll forward action?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. joaomgcd

It's on that text that AutoInput will put its virtual "finger" when scrolling the list :)

AndreasNYC and Ghoria like this.
  5. TRS-80

TRS-80 New Member

Dude! That worked! You are the man! :D

6. joaomgcd

Awesome! :)

7. Don Clary

Don Clary New Member

I have a similar problem where I have a long list of apps in a permissions list that I need to scroll through, before selecting a toggle, some more scrolling, select a toggle, repeat one more time. The AutoInput actions to select the toggles work when I manually scroll through the list of apps.

Here are the actions in the Tasker task:
    Code (Text):

Toggle On-Top Perm (70)
    A1: Launch App [ App:Settings:Apps that can draw over other apps Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:Off Always Start New Copy:On ]
    A2: [X] AutoInput UI Query [ Configuration:Only Visible: false
    Only Clickable: true
    Check Screen State: false Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    <scroll to Screen Filter>
    A3: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Id
    Value: android:id/icon
    Nearby Text: Screen Filter
    Action : Scroll Forward
    Is Tasker Action: false
    Check Screen State: false Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Id
    Nearby Text: Screen Filter
    Action : Click
    Check Screen State: false Timeout (Seconds):20 Continue Task After Error:On ]
    A5: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Id
    Nearby Text: Tasker
    A6: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Id
    Nearby Text: Twilight
    A7: Flash [ Text:Done Long:Off ]

Is there a limit to how far the scroll forward action can scroll?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  8. Patrick Teo

Patrick Teo New Member

The following works when I manually scroll to the correct screen and it clicks the Battery Button
    1. All Settings
    2. AutoInput Action
    Type:Text Value Battery
    Check Screen State:false
    The following does nothing other than going to the Settings page. So it looks like AutoInput did not scroll forwards at all
    1. All Settings

2. AutoInput Action
    Type:Text Value Battery
    Action : Scroll Forward
    Check Screen State:false

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Running Android 6.01
    It's not rooted.

Any help is much appreciated.

9. joaomgcd

Is the text "Battery" on the screen when you use the "Scroll Forward" action? You have to use a text that's on the screen at that time. hope this helps

10. Patrick Teo

Patrick Teo New Member

Yes, provide that I managed to Scroll down (ie, it's not yet visible which is why I want to scroll down to where it is). The word "Battery" is not yet visible until I scroll forward sufficiently - so I have to manually "push up vertically" 3 plus screens before Battery appears.

OK. I have changed Battery to another word which is Visible (Wi-Fi) and it scroll forward once. So I have "repeated" this Scroll forward action by looking for the next visible word.
    So it works.

I think it's useful to indicate on the dialog a need for the word to be visible for the Scroll to work.
    Would be nice if there was another parameter which says repeat Scroll Forward 4 times.
    Thank you for such a great suite of Apps.:):)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  11. joaomgcd

Thank you for the feedback :) I'm glad it works now!

12. Is there a way to adjust how much each scroll action scrolls? I'm scrolling a grid of large elements, and the "right" number of scrolls leaves the target element only partially visible, so that I can't interact with it.

The ideal would be a "scroll until" action that scrolls widget A until widget B is fully visible

13. It turned out my loop test was faulty. When I fixed that it stopped scrolling in a sensible spot.