AutoWear Mute watch based on phone's bluetooth connection

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by TitanCamper, Apr 23, 2015.

1. TitanCamper

TitanCamper New Member

I've got an issue with my Moto360 not allowing me to answer incoming calls via my vehicle's answer call button until I dismiss the notification on the watch.

What I'd like to do is either disable the notification on the watch based on what bluetooth connection my phone has or to mute the watch. Based on what I've read so far, it may not be possible with AutoWear or AutoInput.

Does anyone know of a way? Without being able to answer the phone using my handsfree controls, I may have to get rid of the watch.

2. Paul Koulikov

Paul Koulikov New Member

May be disconnect bluetooth connection to the watch, while you're in a car?
    This can be done in Tasker. Create profile with context for state "bluetooth connection to the car active". Then execute task to disconnect from the watch. This can be done via Secure Settings plugin.
    Also add an exit task to profile to connect to the watch again, when bluetooth connection to the car is lost.

As for disabling notification on the watch itself, i think it is possible, but you need to know what exact notification to dismiss. There is an "App action" in Autowear, which allows to delete or hide element from screen. But I don't know wether or not it can delete notification sent from android system. There is an option to "Delete all" and "Hide all".
    The action itself can be executed from Takser context "Incoming call".

Last edited: May 4, 2015