(Maybe AutoTools) Better Version of "Perform Task"

Discussion in 'App/Feature Suggestion' started by Freakooo90, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Freakooo90

Freakooo90 New Member

Hey there.. first time posting here.. don't know where I should post it (here or g+) but I think here is the right place..

So I was writing a Post on Reddit where I explained how the "Perform Task" Task in Tasker (3x Task in 4 Words.. yey) makes it possible to "program" Object-oriented.. the only Problem with this, it only allows 2 Variables.. %par1 and %par2... But how would it be if we could use endless parameters (nothing too special.. would be still amazing) and, here comes the more interesting part... other Tasks with return Statements... BOOM..

Like I have getWeatherInformation which needs the Date of tomorrow.. but %DATE is not the right format and I have to calculate etc..so I would need to create a Task "getTomorrowDate" which would format it right.. and returns that.. so the current thing to do is (for me) really messy.. you have to do "Perform Task > getTomorrowDate" "Perform Task > getWeatherInformation(%par1).. if you have many tasks this could be really overwhelming.. so I think it would be really neat if you could do sth. like this: getWeatherInformation(getTomorrowDate) or, to get a bit crazy here.. getWeatherInformation(getTomorrowDateIfWeekend(isWeekend(getTomorrowDate))).. So I want WeatherInformation for tomorrow but only if it's Weekend.

I know this example is useless and nonsense since there are other ways to achieve that and it wouldn't even work... and there has to be kinda like Exception handling e.g. if a value is null etc... but it's just to give you an Idea what I was thinking.. this would lead to almost unfinite possibilities.. Is that even possible? Or would that be too "high" for Tasker?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately this is not something I can control, sorry. :) Would be better to ask Tasker's developer.

3. Freakooo90

Freakooo90 New Member

Aw :( I thought it was possible since you made some Stuff Tasker has already in there just better :( oh well.