AutoVoice AutoVoice and IFTTT

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by elchiefo, Jan 24, 2017.

1. elchiefo

elchiefo New Member

Hello, I recently purchased your full version of AutoVoice and paid for the Natural Language module and I am trying to tie in AutoVoice with IFTTT. I am following your guide here and I am having an issue just inputting my IFTTT key. If I just fill in the key, it complains for me to fill in the api.ai key, which I don't want. How can I just setup my IFTTT key without the key from api. All I want to do is say, ok google I'm home and I want IFTTT to toggle my SmartThings to open my garage. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there! Sorry, IFTTT integration is only available with Natural Language commands. Regular AutoVoice only commands will not allow you to trigger your IFTTT applets.
    So it's just a matter of adding your API.AI tokens and creating a quick natural language command in AutoVoice.
    Hope this clarifies it!

3. joaomgcd

4. elchiefo

elchiefo New Member

Hi, yes, I know that it only works with Natural Language Commands, that is why I purchased the Natural Language ability. I also followed that guide but the problem is the very first step. If you look at the image I uploaded, I am unable to JUST add the IFTTT key.

5. joaomgcd

That's because Natural Language requires you to insert the API.AI token keys first :) That's not optional for natural language.

6. elchiefo

elchiefo New Member

Ok, so now that I added the API.AI tokens, the commands are being sent to API and not IFTTT. How can I send them to IFTTT? Thanks

7. joaomgcd

It says how you should do it in the tutorial :) Can you try following that again?

8. elchiefo

elchiefo New Member

I see what I was doing wrong. I was testing the Natural Language commands using the Testing option inside AutoVoice, I didnt know that you had to use the Natural Voice widget to test the commands. Now it works as expected, thank you

9. joaomgcd

Nice :D Glad you got it!

: AutoVoice, IFTTT