Open SMS Won't upload to Drive

Discussion in 'Join' started by Anon9872, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Anon9872

Anon9872 New Member

My SMS messages won't upload to Drive.

When I enable the "SMS and Call Service" in Settings > SMS and Phone Calls, my contacts are the only thing that uploads to Drive. I have 40 GB of Drive space.

I've tried:
    1. restarting my phone
    2. I uninstalled all of my extensions and deleted all of my other Join devices
    3. Uninstalling the app + restarting my phone + reinstalling
    4. Enabling "SMS and Call Service" again
    Still, my messages refuse to upload to Drive. This prevents me from using my PC to send texts.

When I run the Diagnostics in the App, it freezes on "Testing Get Contact and SMS Info." It simply stays in the "Testing" state for...forever. No errors appear in the logs either.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi that's a new one. Thanks for the report. How exactly did you find out that the file isn't being uploaded? thanks

3. Anon9872

Anon9872 New Member

Thanks for the response!
    As for how I noticed:
    1. When I attempted to send an SMS from the Chrome Browser extension, the message was not sending.
    2. I went into the app, disabled "SMS and Call Service", then reenabled
    3. I went back to my Chrome Extension. I couldn't send an SMS- it said "SMS and Call Service" on my phone was disabled, even though I had enabled it.
    4. I disabled, then enabled "SMS and Call Service" again. It was on the "Exporting Contacts and SMS" message for around 20 mins. I went into my Google Drive to look at the files in the "Join Files" folder. I only saw the Contacts xml file.

It's working now though
    1. Around 7:40 PM EST, I enabled "SMS and Call Service" again. The "Exporting Contacts and SMS" message appeared. I left my phone charging and walked away. I also started a Diagnostics Test on my app
    2. I came back around 8:40 PM EST. My SMS messages and contacts had uploaded successfully to Drive around 8:30 PM EST. Yay!
      1. The Diagnostics Test also completed successfully, reading, "Get Contact and SMS info: Success! Got 556 contacts, 341 last smes, 5155 total smes (10 max for each contact)"
    3. The chrome extension is functioning as expected.

Question:
    1. Did I simply not wait long enough for my SMS messages to upload?
    2. Could you make a status bar for the "Exporting Contacts and SMS" message show how many SMS messages have been processed?