Open Join seems to slow down my phone tremendously

Discussion in 'Join' started by Boris Zelkin, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Boris Zelkin

Boris Zelkin New Member

Hey all,
    I recently installed join, and love all of its features. However, since installing the app, my phone has slowed to a crawl. Every operation is sluggish.

Screen rotation takes at least 2 or 3 seconds after I rotate the screen, and entering text in apps suffers from a very noticeable delay. That is, once I start typing everything is fine, but actually starting to type takes a good two or three seconds after I try typing in to a text box. I haven't done testing to see which features of join are causing this, but I'm certain that join is causing it, because the moment I uninstall Join, the problems go away and the phone operates at it's normal speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I was happy to buy the program given the reviews and usefulness and efficiency of Tasker, but can't use join as configured now.

Thanks

2. Boris Zelkin

Boris Zelkin New Member

I've been able to reduce the effect by turning off Clipboard sharing, but its still slow.

3. NathanCCI

NathanCCI New Member

I'm experiencing the same behavior on my Galaxy S8+. Ever since installing Join the phone is very laggy. I was using Pushbullet before without any lag, but Join seems to have slowed my phone down to a crawl. Hopefully there's something in the settings I can modify to eliminate the lag.

4. Boris Zelkin

Boris Zelkin New Member

+1

like I said, turning off the clipboard monitoring helped, but its still laggy.