AutoVoice call autovoice from GH (localization)

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by riki, May 26, 2018.

1. riki

riki New Member

Hi, as far as I know in English there are several ways to call AV from GH like "open autovoice" or "ask autovoice to xx".

Is this valid only for English language? I'm italian and it seems there is no way similar to "ask autovoice to xx". Only "open autovoice" seems to be working, and AV is asking then "what is your command?"... it would be great to skip that request from AV.
    You know if that's possible?

Thanks!!!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can say chiedi a Autovoice di dire: "Ciao"

Does that work for you? :)

3. riki

riki New Member

Hi Joao! First of all let me say that I REALLY appreciate your creations... you are a genius!
    And actually with your exact sentence it works... I was saying "chiedi ad Autovoice di ..." with "ad" instead of "a" (in italian it is gramatically more correct). But this is not really an issue.

Anyway, I noticed a strange behavior while testing it.
    If I say "chiedi a AutoVoice di dire ciao" it sends "ciao" as a command.
    If I say "chiedi a AutoVoice di mangiare la pasta" it sends "di mangiare la pasta" as a command.
    It seems that the start trigger of a command depends on what actually you say... is this true?
    Thank you!!!

Edit: I tested a little bit more. It seems that what I wrote works only with "ciao".
    If I say "chiedi a AutoVoice di dire mamma" it sends "di dire mamma" as a command.
    Actually, in order to integrate properly with Natural Language, it would be better to put the "di" out of the command, let me list here some examples:
    "chiedi a AutoVoice di dire mamma"
    "chiedi a AutoVoice di mangiare la pasta"
    "chiedi a AutoVoice di mandare un messaggio"
    do you think it would be complicated to have this modification?

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Unfortunately that part is really not up to me. I simply send the command to AutoVoice that Google sends me... Google will have to update the way it works themselves, sorry!

5. riki

riki New Member

Oh, I see! you do not really have to apologize, even now this is a great plugin for home automation!
    Perhaps I'll try to write in the G forums, suggesting them some localization improvement! Thank you again!