AutoInput Nearby text spec

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by larkim, Jun 7, 2018.

1. larkim

larkim New Member

I have had an autoinput function working nicely to toggle the on / off status of spotify's offline mode which simply used the text "on" or "off" to set the titlet. It worked as that option was the first on the Android app screen.

However Spotify have now added another option above that, so was hoping to be able to use nearby text to specify the right field but it is not working.

How much text is required to get a match for nearby text, and how could I interrogate the screen to check what text is considered to be "nearby" so I can get this working?

I can kludge around it through other means but would prefer to just be clicking the right button!!

Grateful for any help!

Matt

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please show me a screenshot of that screen so I can maybe guess what could be used? :) Thanks

larkim likes this.
  3. larkim

larkim New Member

This is the page.

I've fudged round my issue temporality by setting both autoinput to toggle to "On" twice (i.e. click them both so i definitely get the second one fine) and then going back and starting again, this time just toggling the first one. Effective but messy!!

Would be nice to be more precise though if possible!

Cheers!!

Attached Files:

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Does setting nearby text to "downloaded" work?

5. larkim

larkim New Member

No joy with that unfortunately. Tried downloaded", "downloaded." "able" and "you've" (all without the speech marks, just to be clear!). Using those causes it to ignore the first "on / off" for the data saver, but nothing else. My kludge seems to be working OK though, so no great disaster if I need to leave it working like that. Thanks for taking a look!