AutoVoice Some Natural Language Commands Aren't Consistently Recognized

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by ejf071189, Oct 8, 2018.

1. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

I have a fair number of intents set up on Dialogflow, some of which have a command/training phrase of "check x" (along with some other more verbose phrases). An example would be the "check my notifications" intent from the tutorial that was released when Natural Language support in AV first came out.

Some of these intents are not being consistently triggered by their commands. I'll use either "ask autovoice to check x" in the assistant, or even just directly type "check x" in the "test command" section of the autovoice app, and this will be a word for word, character for character match with the command. I may try this at one time of day and it will work fine (doing several tests in a row), and then at another time of day, none of the tests will work.

Could this be something wrong on the Dialogflow end of things? Does it have anything to do with having many commands with similar wordings? (i.e. "check x")

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What happens when it doesn't work exactly? Do you get any feedback?

3. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

I just get the flash that says: "received possible commands:" followed by whatever I said/typed. Whereas a matched command will display the name/action associate with the dialogflow intent.

4. joaomgcd

Can you please check in Dialogflow -> History and see if those unmatched commands show up there? Thanks!

5. ejf071189

ejf071189 Member

They are in there. They all have "No matched intent" entries and the alert says "User phrase was not matched by any intent, response provided by Fallback Intent". It seems even when I use the dialogflow "Try it now" box in the upper right corner, the phrases are not matching even when I directly copy the training command.

I also tried going into the "Training" section, finding the unmatched commands in the history and assigning them to intents, but even after that the commands are still failing to match.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. joaomgcd

Weird! That's totally an issue with Dialogflow though... Maybe you could contact their support?