AutoVoice Intercepting issue on Honor 10

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Leoshek, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Leoshek

Leoshek New Member

hello guys,
    I would appreciate your suggestions - here is my issue:
    I bought Honor 10 so I moved from my old Lenovo Vibe on Android 6 directly to Android 9 (as there was upgrade to Pie available when I bought my Honor I did upgrade before re-installation and therefore I do not have experiences with AutoVoice running on Android 8). My phone is running on Android 9.0.0.162, EMUI 9.0.0. I am using Tasker and Autovoice, I created couple of simple commands - as launching a poweramp app or triggering sound profile using AutoVoice through Google Now. It was working very well on Android 6 but when I moved it to Android 9 I am stucked on Google search. It seems AutoVoice does not intercept correctly Google despite the notification says "AutoVoice intercepting Google App Searches. Also AutoVoice settings show "green" Google Now integration. When I test command via Testing feature in AutoVoice menu - all commands are executed correctly. But voice input always ends up with Google search results - AutoVoice does not execute command. I tried uninstall and install again - no success. Does anyone of you have the same issue ? Is it Honor 10 related or Android Pie version ? Is there any solution to fix that behavior ? Thanks for your ideas and help.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

That's because you're not using Google Now, you're using Google Assistant. Check out how to do commands from there here.

3. Leoshek

Leoshek New Member

thx for answer, but as my default language is czech (which is not supported with google assistant) I am using still Google Now
    and it does not work

4. joaomgcd

Oh I see!
    So there's no way to use Google Assistant for you?

5. Leoshek

Leoshek New Member

I think only if I switch to english localisation (I did not try yet)
    but I raised the question to understand if someone else has the same issue with autovoice on Honor 10 - maybe Honor's EMUI or Android Pie is the reason
    czech language should be supported by Google assistant soon - so I hope it will solve my issue otherwise |I would be disappointed much as I used to use autovoice quite often

6. joaomgcd

EMUI always changes a lot of stuff around, so it's possible. But if you want to debug it, enable system logs and Google Now logs and then try saying a command and check what the logs say :)

7. Leoshek

Leoshek New Member

logs do not say anything - there is no bug as the google now works as it has to work
    anyway - when I switched my phone to english localisation then I was able to activate google assistant and then AutoVoice works through it correctly
    switching back means to go back to google now service and then AutoVoice does not recognize voice commands
    so the only one way how to push AutoVoice to work is to use google assistant
    bad for me - I have to wait untill google start czech language support

8. Leoshek

Leoshek New Member

I tried coupe of things but still my AutoVoice Google integration does not work
    nevetheless I've got idea and set a kind of workaround which allows me to access AutoVoice and Google voice search
    the inspiration for me was Google assistant and its way of AutoVoice integration through "Ask AutoVoice to do something"
    so for everybody who has issue with AutoVoice and Google Now integration as I have:

step 1: AutoVoice - Personal Assistant - Replace Google Assistant - change assistant app from native Google to AutoVoice
    step 2: create task to launch Google voice search and link it to Tasker Event AutoVoice recognized command - in my case "Ask Google"
    and that is all

now "OK Google" trigger AutoVoice recognition where I can use all my AutoVoice commands and if needed I use command "Ask Google" and trigger Google voice search - it is pretty much the same as Google assistant and "Ask AutoVoice" but via versa

BTW during my search for solution I found nice way how to use Honor wake up function to trigger Google voice search from locked screen - you can find here

9. joaomgcd

Nice :) I'm glad you found a workaround!