AutoRemote Targeting recipients by variable

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by EarlyMorningHours, Mar 26, 2015.

1. EarlyMorningHours

EarlyMorningHours New Member

Perhaps I'm missing something, but here is my problem - It appears as though I am able to target recipients by way using a variable for sending a message. However, there doesn't appear to be any way of sending join / unjoin group commands to recipients in this way. For the time being I've resorted to creating my own "group" using a For loop and, for example, only including device types of "android" or excluding device type "cloud". This itself isn't such a problem, but it seems inefficient at best when I need to send out a message with a file attachment to five clients rather than just a group name.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What you could do is name the devices you want with names you want, then send the message by name.
    For example, name your phone "1 - Phone" and your browser "1 - Chrome". Then if you want to send messages to both of these, send by name to "1".. hope this helps!

3. EarlyMorningHours

EarlyMorningHours New Member

Interesting... I would not have thought of that if you gave me a year to think about it. As luck would have it I've unwittingly set myself up for this type of operation. All of my phones and tablets are named Dave-xxxx. Thanks for the tip!