A way to intercept bluetooth redial command (AT+BLDN)

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by Daniel D, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

Hello there,

I've been looking aroun without much success for a way to intercept the redial command comming from a bluetooth device. My not so premium car only has this option, but not the voice assistant option, and I would like to use this to trigger tasks in Tasker.
    From what I have found this button press triggers an AT command (AT+BLDN) but, except for an app called Smart Bluetooth Headset, I found no hint about how to intercept this command. Problem with the mentioned app is that it still initiates and ends a call, which takes a few seconds (not the most elegant sollution). I must mention that AutoVoice or AutoInput don't intercept this button press.
    So I got to the point where any suggestion is more than welcome!

Thanks!

2. MysticGolem

MysticGolem New Member

I am not too familiar with headset functions, but I am familiar with intercepting commands from my vehicles and using Tasker.

In order to intercept the previous and next track buttons on my car, I can use Tasker and constantly use a loop for the Media Grab function.
    I can press the Previous track button on my car and Tasker would intercept it from Android and instead it will run profile/task of my choice.

I would suggest testing if you can even grab the Bluetooth Redial command.

First perform a Media Grab in Tasker, then press the Redial button on your headset and have tasker do something else like Open Google Maps. If this works then you should be able to program what you want. This means you can successfully intercept the Redial command.

3. Daniel D

Daniel D Member

MysticGolem, you don't have to answer me in two places with stuff that has nothing to do with what I asked.
    For your information, I was asking about the redial command, which has nothing to do with the media commands.
    Thanks anyway!