AutoVoice Autovoice with car hands free bluetooth not working - SOLVED IT

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Fern Mac, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Fern Mac

Fern Mac New Member

Hi,
    I have a BMW with hands free bluetooth. I can make calls or send text when i press the command button on my wheel. However, it only really works as google now if the phone screen is on, otherwise, it is limited to fewer commands and autovoice for sure doesn´t work.
    What i need is autovoice to recognize voice commands to Google Now while the screen is off, using my Bluetooth hands free. If the screen is on, Google search pops up and I can say my commands and they are recognized. The same actions with the screen off has Google Now responding with "I don't know how to handle that" or something similar and the Tasker task does not execute.
    I have read the 12 pages of the forum and i see many people are struggling with that. Is there a simple workaround for that situation? I must say this is why i bought tanker, autovera and autovoice. Without this function, it is pretty useless to me.
    Thanks for any help.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. Fern Mac

Fern Mac New Member

I did tried that workaround, but it does´t seem to work for me. Meanwhile, my hands free stopped responding at all. It is a nightmare :)
    Any other solution i could use specifically for the car hands free?
    Thank you

4. Fern Mac

Fern Mac New Member

Well, after much digging, i finally found a good solution. The trick is to use another app to call google now when i press my handsfree button. I tried Hint2Search and after a little tweaking, it works like a charm.
    Hope it helps someone.

: autovoice, car