AutoWear Can't connect to my watch after lollipop upgrade

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by David Riley, Jan 7, 2016.

1. David Riley

David Riley New Member

I had/have a Tasker task that scans incoming SMS messages and allows me to reply to specific messages for work. Worked BRILLIANTLY before I upgraded. Now, after the apps have been restored, I import my previous project, which works fine under Tasker if I display the screen on the phone.

Now, as far as AutoWear goes, when I open the app directly, it complains, no matter what, that it can't connect to my watch. However, the log shows commands coming from the watch:
    Commands - 2016-01-07 17:24:00.052 - New Last Command: &SHAKE&;
    Commands - 2016-01-07 17:23:59.482 - New Last Command: &SCREENON&;
    States - 2016-01-07 17:21:00.395 - New com.joaomgcd.autowear.util.WearState: &SCREENOFF&;

I cleared and logged to the system log, but I didn't see much in the way of useful messages:
    I/ActivityManager( 887): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.joaomgcd.autowear/com.joaomgcd.autoapps.ActivityLaunchApp (has extras)} from uid 10079 on display 0
    D/PMS ( 887): acquireWL(14f0a0a6): PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK ActivityManager-Launch 0x1 887 1000 null
    W/ActivityManager( 887): getTasks: caller 1500 is using old GET_TASKS but privileged; allowing
    I/ActivityManager( 887): START u0 {cmp=com.joaomgcd.autowear/.activity.ActivityMain} from uid 10333 on display 0
    D/PMS ( 887): acquireWL(14f0a0a6): PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK ActivityManager-Launch 0x1 887 1000 null
    I/ActivityManager( 887): START u0 {cmp=com.joaomgcd.autowear/.activity.ActivitySetupShake} from uid 10333 on display 0

Finally, if I edit the Autowear Dialog from Tasker, I can go through screen name, Message, Confirm Message, everything I had setup with no errors. But if I run the step in the task I get the "ActionArgBundle" warnings and the screen never appears on my watch.

Did I miss a step after the recovery? I still have my receipt from last year and, like I said, it worked like a champ before the upgrade.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. David Riley

David Riley New Member

No, I totally get it. I think I might have solved it. I had never opened the Play Games app? Once I opened that one time, autowear seemed to connect just fine and my watch response app for SMS messages is working again! Thanks.