Solved Chrome extension not rendering properly, becomes unusable d/t lack of navigation

Discussion in 'Join' started by PatternRec, Sep 15, 2017.

1. PatternRec

PatternRec New Member

I've had this problem for about a week now. The attached screenshot will show the exact problem - once I've used the SMS feature there's no way to navigate out. The only workaround I've found is to uninstall the extension and re-install every time I want to use it again.

I've tried clearing cache and cookies in the browser but that doesn't work. I disabled uBlock and restarted Chrome. No dice. I enabled the Join extension in incognito mode to see if it happened with no other extensions and no cache. I still have the issue.

edited for clarity

Attached Files:

2. PatternRec

PatternRec New Member

Just tried logging in a a Chromebook and Join works fine there so this loos to be Chrome on Win10 issue.

3. PatternRec

PatternRec New Member

And now working fine on Windows 10 Chrome after being borked for a week or two. Maybe a browser update or something fixed :/

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Just so you know, that's usually related to the user changing the zoom level in the extension. Glad it works now!

5. PatternRec

PatternRec New Member

Thanks, I was just coming back to say the issue returned but now I know why - I have Chrome's default set to 125% zoom in the settings so it's affecting the extension. I'll see if I can reduce the zoom on the extension without having to revert everything.

6. Sp00nMan

Sp00nMan New Member

I still have this problem as well. I have to use 125% as the default in chrome, and I don't see any option in my Join extension to change it's zoom to 100%

upload_2017-9-29_11-7-53.png

7. PatternRec

PatternRec New Member

Here's a fix:
    • set the default back to 100% (this is temporary)
    • click the Join extension and popout the window
    • keep the Join window open and reset the browser back to 125%
    • now click in the Join window and hold CTRL and hit the minus button twice