Open Few issues

Discussion in 'Join' started by sek0n, Apr 13, 2018.

1. sek0n

sek0n New Member

I didn't know what to title this, as it's a few different things. I've searched, but can't seem to find the specific problems.

Issue #1:
    The option to use the X button instead of "Dismiss Everywhere" in advanced settings of chrome doesn't seem to work anymore. I've had this problem for a long time now, but never got a chance to troubleshoot till recently when I did a phone and browser reset when switching to Oreo. All it does is close the browser notification.

Issue #2:
    A good portion of the time, using an android action from chrome doesn't trigger on the phone.
    Ex: I get a YT notification with the "Play, Turn Off, Watch Later" available actions. I click "Watch Later," or "Dismiss Everywhere" and nothing happens on the phone. The phone is unlocked, with the screen off (AOD on). I've noticed a few times that turning the screen on and it works.

Issue #3:
    This just happened to me, and I'm wondering if it might be related to #2. I wasn't getting any notifications this evening, but didn't realize it. Then I turned off WiFi on my phone to dl something over mobile. Suddenly I got bombarded with all the notifications I previously missed. I had already dismissed these on my phone.

Chrome x64 66.0.3359.81b
    Galaxy S8+ Oreo
    Join Beta

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

All those issues seem to be related to network issues. Can you test 1 and 2 with your wifi off and see if they work better?

3. sek0n

sek0n New Member

Just tested 1 with wifi off, and still the same. X only dismisses it on chrome. (tested it on my laptop as well) I've had this problem for a while, on different--more stable--connections as well. :(

I'll have to wait for a notification with an android action to test 2, and even so it's sporadic. You are probably right with that one being connected to my wifi. I can't get anything better than vDSL here, and it does disconnect/reconnect at least once a day usually.

4. sek0n

sek0n New Member

I just found out something for #1. It's still not dismissing when I click the X in the chrome notification popup, but if i click on the addon button in chrome, and click the X from the notifications tab on there, it works.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Oh I see! Seems like a bug then, thanks, I'll try to figure it out :)

6. sek0n

sek0n New Member

Np. Glad I noticed that. :)

Only been able to test #2 a few times, and it works. But it works with wifi on a lot of the time as well. I'm assuming you're right, and it's a connection issue because of my sometimes unstable connection. When it does happen, opening join on the phone, or restarting it seems to fix it. Just an annoyance that has cropped up for me.

Edit: I had some internet issues today where it just slowed to a crawl for a few mins, but didnt disconnect. Caused #3 to happen again. So seems to def be a network issue like you mentioned. I switched on aggressive handover on my phone. Hopefully that helps, otherwise I may just be SOL on that issue. :(

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
: chrome, android