Open Firefox Support, can we please make that a reality??

Discussion in 'Join' started by rossjohnson, Mar 3, 2018.

1. rossjohnson

rossjohnson New Member

I love most Google products but Chrome isn't a good browser any more and is more advertisements than speed and privacy. Firefox IS better and I think most folks here are power users who want to use the best tools available. Join is fantastic and the only reason I ever even get on Chrome but I'd really appreciate native Firefox support. I think there is certainly enough support for this to justify the time needed but it's pretty glaring at this point that it's not implemented and all signs point to isn't gonna be.

GXG.O likes this.
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. j7e

j7e New Member

This is the only thing holding me back from switching back to Firefox :(

How does Pushbullet's Firefox extension differ? Presumably it doesn't make use of push messaging in extensions?

I have tried to find proxy solutions/hacks to get around the lack of Firefox support, but none has come close to viable. This includes using Firework on MacOS to contain the Web version of Join as a native launchable app, but it mostly got in the way on the desktop. I wanted to find a 'native' container application that would host the Web version or the Chrome plugin as a menu bar-accessible application, but none exists.

I wondered if there could be a Firefox extension that is merely the Web version of Join contained in an icon on the toolbar, but it seems that even Join Web doesn't work at all on the browser, let alone as an extension.

Does anybody else have any ideas about work-arounds?

4. j7e

j7e New Member

No interest at all in this issue, then?

: firefox