AutoLocation Geofence monitor thinks I'm home and at work at the same time

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by dcobra, Apr 3, 2017.

1. dcobra

dcobra New Member

Autolocation has not been working well for me since I upgraded my Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0. It frequently places me in and out of my geofences, while I'm actually not moving. I understand this is not necessarily a problem with Autolocation, and may be due to Android not reporting correctly my location (however, I do have wi-fi on, and this happens even when it is connected).
    More strangely, the geofence monitor frequently thinks I am simultaneously inside two geofences that are many miles apart, like at home and at work. If I open the two geofence maps, the blue dot correctly appears inside only one of them, but the monitor still thinks I'm inside both. To me this suggests there is something wrong with Autolocation itself.
    Please let me know if there is any additional information I could provide to help identify and fix this problem.
    Regards
    Daniel

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. dcobra

dcobra New Member

Thanks for your reply, João.
    I had tried that and it does seem to help. However, the location monitor does not stay on across reboots, so I thought I'd ask here if there is a better solution. But if this really is the way to go, I'll use Tasker to start the location monitor at boot time.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that will be your best bet :)