Open Join chrome extension won't update/load

Discussion in 'Join' started by lightning, Nov 25, 2017.

1. lightning

lightning New Member

Recently I installed join and everything was working. However, I think the update made it so that now when I click on the join chrome extension, the refresh thing in the top right spins and never stops. I tried running diagnostics from the computer and it never passed the second one; it just stayed there. I also can't send files to my phone.
    Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the report. Does it help if you remove the extension and re-add it to your browser? Thanks!

3. nunoma

nunoma New Member

I have the same issue and only gets solved when I reinstall the extension. I've figured out why, but don't know how to solve it: it seems that when I lgo out of chrome or clear cache the extension does not log in automatically. When I click on the settings it opens the tab, but shows the chrome device without my log in. Howw can we reforce the log in?

EDIT: Ok, After I wrote this I went into the extension tab and deactivated the join extension. Upon reactivating, it requested a new log in and that seem to solve the problem. I presume that whenever it won't sync, deactivating and login in again will be the solution.
    So maybe it would be nice to have a log-in button that would could force the extension to log in again (deactivate/reactivate extension).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  4. joaomgcd

Thanks for the report! What Cache exactly did you clear to make this happen?

5. nunoma

nunoma New Member

I cleared the Chrome browsing data. The ctrl+shift+del command (clear browsing data) will also logout of sites, such as google+, this forum or others, closing active logins, as does firefox, my usual browser choice.
    So I've tried it again, the clear browing history command, and it logged me out of the forum and out of the join extension. Even though my picture anda data still appeared, the update gear spun and spun and could not update SMS; the diagnostics would not even run. So, I went into the extension tab and uncheced active for join, and then checked it again. As soon as I did that it asked me to log in to join, and thus proceed to update the android pushes to the PC (SMS included).
    This is the feature that could be handy: having a way to force a login, lie I said in my previous post. Iit would be usefull for those of us like me who do not log in to google on opening chrome and who use different log-ins for different sites.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  6. joaomgcd

Thank you! I'll try replicating the situation.

: chrome, extension