Open MMS received message not showing in chrome extension

Discussion in 'Join' started by jdeecker, Jan 7, 2018.

1. jdeecker

jdeecker New Member

When a SMS message is received I get a notification on the PC and immediate display when the chrome extension is opened.
    When a MMS message is received on my phone I get a notification on my PC but when I open the chrome extension, the message is not displayed. The “contact” screen shows “undefined” instead of the text, and the message listing screen shows a time stamp tag but no message, or image link.
    The message will show up later when an additional SMS or a MMS message is received that will trigger the display of the missing message. If the second message is an SMS, it will be displayed without delay. However, if the second message is an MMS, that second message will not be displayed, and will remain hidden until another message is received.
    Opening and closing chrome, the extension, even the PC does not trigger display of the missing message. After testing many combinations of messages and message content, message sequence and timing, the above pattern is very consistent.
    On the phone all the messages are received and displayed without any delay.
    It appears that the problem is with the phone app. Testing and analysis of the join files on the google drive shows that the data for the “missing” messages is not there in the “sms” file and incomplete in the “lastsms” file. And it magically appears in the “sms” file after a “subsequent” message is received on the phone.
    My environment .. Moto G phone - Android 5.1 and Desktop PC - Windows 8.1, Firefox 57.0, Chrome 63.0
    Android Join app v 1.8.1.bf3 Android sms app = “Messages”

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the report. Can you please post the Join Android app's logs after you receive an MMS message? Thanks!

3. jdeecker

jdeecker New Member

I found the "Join Logs" screen in Join Android app, but how do I extract and post them for you?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Use the button on the top right :) THanks!