AutoTools Set Muzei Wallpapers from Subreddit feed

Learn how to read a subreddit, get all the image links and set them as wallpapers with Muzei

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Set Muzei Wallpapers from Subreddit feed - Learn how to read a subreddit, get all the image links and set them as wallpapers with Muzei

Read more about this project...

2. Captain_Frosty

Captain_Frosty New Member

This was working well for a while but now the titles are off (meaning they are for an image a few changes back). The link still goes to the right place. I've tried reinstalling Muzei and Tasker but it always keeps the same settings; I don't even understand how that is possible, unless Muzei uses the system cloud backup or something? I'm very confused.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Is there maybe a comma in one of the titles that's messing things up?

4. NickG

NickG New Member

You can remove the commas by adding this bit before step 5:

A1: For [ Variable:%data_children_data_title Items:%data_children_data_title() ]
    A2: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%data_children_data_title Search:, Ignore Case:On Multi-Line:On One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With: ]
    A3: Variable Set [ Name:%num To:%data_children_data_title(#) Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A4: Array Push [ Variable Array:%titles Position:%num Value:%data_children_data_title Fill Spaces:Off ]
    A5: Variable Set [ Name:%num To:%num - 1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:On Append:Off ]
    A6: End For
    also you would replace %data_children_data_title() with %titles() in the Titles field
    There may be a cleaner way to do this, but this works

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. Captain_Frosty

For some reason it's working properly now; all I did was change the URL to
    Code (Text):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wallpapers/top/.json
    and it corrected itself. I didn't change the commas. We'll see if it stays that way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Captain_Frosty

Nevermind, titles are off again. It seems it doesn't start until the scheduled change. guess I'll try getting rid of the commas

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk