AutoTools Unable to turn off the Assistant with Secure Settings

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Arthur Paendragon, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Arthur Paendragon

Arthur Paendragon New Member

Hi! I have created a profile to disable OK Google when at home. I have installed Tasker and AutoTools, then used adb to grant write secure settings permissions (adb shell pm grant com.joaomgcd.autotools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS).
    When at home (I simplified it to be active when connected to any Wifi), tried to put the Secure Setting "Assistant" to NONE, but it still answers.
    According to the Tasker Notification, the profile is on.

It seems I am not the only one with this problem, as I have seen in this tutotial:
    https://www.pocketables.com/2018/06...able-disable-ok-google-hotword-detection.html
    Maybe I am doing something wrong or I have missed something

I have tried it in a Galaxy Tab 10".

Thanks a lot. Wonderful job with Tasker and all this other tools.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you :) Did you try running the task manually and see if it produces an error or if it works that way?
    Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

Arthur Paendragon likes this.
  3. Arthur Paendragon

Arthur Paendragon New Member

Sir, you are a genius (of course, you are the developer).
    I didn't even know that it was possible to launch the Task manually (sorry).
    That screen showed me clearly the error ... and the solution. Even though I had used adb to give permissions, it seems that I had to grant them also in the device. As it had not asked me for them, I had no clue that that was necessary. All solved and, yes, it worked correctly in the Galaxy Tab. Next step, I'll try it in my S8.
    Thanks a lot.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Awesome! :D Glad it works!

: assistant