STEP 1 - CREATE AUTOAPPS PROFILE
This will make the profile create a %file variable whenever it's triggered with the value on the right of =:= which in this case will be the url of a file pushed from Chrome on your PC
- Create a new profile with the AutoApps Command event condition
- Set the Command Filter to pi=:=
- Set the Variable Names to file
- Accept and create an entry task
STEP 2 - READ SERVER SETTINGS
I had previously saved my raspberry pi SSH server settings in a JSON string in a Tasker global variable. The JSON is something like this:
- Add a Flash action showing that you are going to upload the file
- Add an AutoTools Json Read action
- Set the Json field to %XBIAN
- Set the Fields field to server,user,password
Check here if you want to learn more about reading JSON.Code (Text):
STEP 3 - SEND FILE TO SSH SERVER
By ending the Remote Files with / you're telling AutoTools to keep the original file name and send the file to the specified folder. This would work with multiple files as well.
- Add an AutoTools SSH action
- Set the server settings accordingly
- Set the Local Files field to %file
- Set the Remote Files field to backups/
- Accept and go back to Tasker
- Add another Flash action saying that the upload is done.
STEP 4 - TEST
If you now go to your Chrome browser, right click on an image -> Join -> Your Device -> Image -> Send Tasker Command and write pi it'll start uploading that file to your Raspberry Pi into the specified folder.