Sometimes you want to make your system animate faster, sometimes you want to appreciate the beautiful system animations.
In this tutorial I'll show you how you can create your own quick toggle that changes animation speed on your system.
This is how it'll look in the end:
STEP 1 - CREATE TASK TO SET SCALE
This step is added just so you can easily test the task by running it directly here.
- Create a Task and call it Change Animation Scale
- Add a Variable Set action and set %scale to 5 only if %scale is not already set
STEP 2 - SET ANIMATION SCALE AND TEST
AutoTools Secure settings needs special system permissions to run. Check here on how you can give AutoTools those permissions.
- Add an AutoTools Secure Settings action
- Under System Animations set all 3 fields to %scale
- Accept and go back to Tasker.
- Run the task. Notice how system animations became much slower.
STEP 3 - SET ANIMATION TILE
- Go back to the main Tasker screen and create a new Task called Set Animation Tile
- Add an AutoNotification Tile action
- Set the Command to animationscale=:=1
- Set the Double Tap Command to animationscale=:=5
- Set the Label to Animation
- Set the Icon to something like this.
- Go back to Tasker and run the task so that the icon is set.
STEP 4 - REACT TO ANIMATIONSCALE COMMANDS
This will make the profile create a %scale variable whenever it's triggered with the value on the right of =:= which in this case is 1 in case of a single tap and 5 in case of a double tap.
- Create a new profile with the AutoApps Command event condition
- Set the Command Filter to animationscale=:=
- Set the Variable Names field to scale
STEP 5 - TEST
If you now add the first AutoNotification Tile and tap it once, the animation scale goes back to normal.
If you tap it twice quickly, the animation speed will be slow again.
Change Animation Speed with a Quick Tile on Android 7 and Above
Learn how to use AutoTools Secure Settings to change the speed your device animates at