After completing this tutorial you'll be able to say commands like these:
Normally voice commands in AutoVoice are strict. You have to say almost exactly what you configured in the Tasker condition and sometimes it's hard to remember what the exact command you configured was.
With Natural Voice commands you can now say your voice commands in a much more natural way and have very precise results.
STEP 1 - CREATE PROFILE AND SAY COMMAND VARIANTS
Use the same artist on every variant so that it's easier to later replace the artist with a variable
- Create a new Tasker profile with the AutoVoice Natural Language condition
- Select Create New Command
- In the popup click the top microphone icon and say as many variants of the command you want, in this case some commands to start playing music by an artist
STEP 2 - SAY RESPONSES AND CREATE VARIABLE
- Tap the bottom mic and say some possible responses which can include the same artist name as above
- Select the artist name and then Create Variable
- Say artist so that the variable is created with that name
STEP 3 - SET VARIABLE TYPE AND USE COMMAND
- Tap the artist variable below and select the Music Artist variable type
- Tap the Finished button and leave the command name and action as default
- In the Commands field select the play song by artist command
- Accept and notice how an %artist variable was created
- Create a new task
STEP 4 - PLAY BY ARTIST
Not in video: you can use the Find Compatible Apps option to pre-select Google Play Music as the app to play in if you want. Otherwise a list of apps will always show up when you run this task
- Add a Flash action with the text Playing %artist songs
- Add an AutoShare action
- Select the Media app
- Select the Search And Play Artist intent (import under Get More Intents! if needed)
- Set the Artist field to %artist
- Accept and back out of Tasker to save
STEP 5 - TEST
Add a Natural Language widget to your home screen.
If you now say any of the variations of the command you created or even some other natural variation of it, the task will run with the correct artist!
Notice how in this test video I didn't say any of the configured variations of the command and it still worked!
Create a Natural Language Voice Command
Learn how to easily create a voice command that accepts a flexible kind of voice command