This is a demo of what it'll look like when it's done.
STEP 1 - ON SCAN SET GLOBAL VARIABLE
- Create a new profile in Tasker with the NFC Tag event
- Accept it as it is or restrict to a certain tag if you want
- In the Task use the Variable Set action to set %NfcPresent to 1
STEP 2 - CHECK IF NFC TAG IS STILL PRESENT
- Add an NFC Tag action to the task
- Add an If action and set the condition to %nfc_present matches true
- Add an End If action to close the If
STEP 3 - KEEP SCANNING IF STILL PRESENT
- Add a 1 Second Wait action inside the If
- Set a Label on the NFC Tag action above: scan
- Add a Goto action inside the If and make it go to the Action Label scan
STEP 4 - CLEAR GLOBAL VARIABLE IF NO LONGER PRESENT
- At the end of the Task add a Variable Clear action and clear the %NfcPresent variable
- Back out of the task and apply your settings with the tick icon on the top right
STEP 5 - TEST VARIABLE
- If you now go to the VARS tab and scan a card, you'll see that the %NfcPresent variable changes to 1. If you remove the card it'll change to not being set.
STEP 6 - EXAMPLE PROFILE WITH THE NFC PRESENT STATE
- Create a new Profile with the Variable Value state
- Set the condition to %NfcPresent Is Set
- In the task do whatever you want to happen when the NFC tag is near your phone. In this example I created a notification
- Add an exit task and also do whatever you like there. In this example I cancelled the notification.
Now, when an NFC tag is near phone the notification will come up and when the tag goes away, the notification will also go away .