At the time of writing you need the AutoTools beta to use the Launcher action. Get it here.
When you're at work you usually have different needs from your smartphone than when you're not.
You might use more productivity related apps at work than when at home for example, where you might play more games on your phone
Wouldn't it be cool if this could be your work home screen:
and then when you're away from work you'd have this screen with all your favorite games right there:
Well now you can, with the AutoTools Launcher action!
STEP 1 - SET AUTOTOOLS AS YOUR DEFAULT LAUNCHER
This allows AutoTools to select your launcher for you whenever you press the home button on your device
- Make sure to clear defaults for your current launcher and then press the home button
- Select AutoTools as your launcher and set it as default
STEP 2 - CREATE PROFILE FOR WORK
- Create a profile for when you're at work. In my example I'm at work when connected to my Dias Quarto wifi network, so I used that
- In the task use the AutoTools Launcher action and set the launcher to your desired work launcher, in my case, Google Now Launcher
- Use the Package Name so that it's as precise as possible
STEP 3 - SWITCH TO NOVA LAUNCHER WHEN NOT AT WORK
- Add an exit Task and use the same AutoTools Launcher action but set your away-from-work-launcher instead, in my case Nova Launcher
- Back out of Tasker to save
STEP 4 - TEST
If you now arrive at work and press your home button the work launcher will show up. If you go home and press your home button you'll have your favorite games right there at your finger tips