The AutoTools Web Screen allows to display a web page on your device and interact with it.
You can make the page's links send AutoApps Commands. For example, if you want to send the
command from a link on the webpage you would add the following HTML code to the page:Code (Text):hello
This would create a link like this: Say Hello!Code (Text):<a href="autotoolscommand://hello">Say Hello!</a>
When that link is clicked on your device the AutoApps command following the autotoolscommand:// part will be sent.
In fact, you can open this very page on your device and try clicking the link above and you'll get the hello command
Let's go through the process of making a simple page then.
STEP 1 - SHOW PAGE IN FULL SCREEN
You can also save the page to your device and use the local device file as the source instead if you want.
- Add a new task in Tasker called Web
- Add an AutoTools Web Screen action
- Set the URL to https://joaoapps.com/AutoApps/Help/Info/com.joaomgcd.autotools/tutorials/webscreen/test.html
- Enable the Fullscreen checkbox
- Go back and test the task. A full screen page should show up with a link. Clicking the link seemingly does nothing, but it's actually sending the toast=:=Hello World! command in the background!
STEP 2 - REACT TO THE COMMAND
- Add a new profile with the AutoApps Command event condition
- Set the command filter to toast=:=
- Set the variable names to text (this will create a variable called %text with whatever is on the right of toast=:=, which in this case will be Hello World!)
- In the task add a flash action with the text %text
- Back out of Tasker to save
STEP 3 - TEST
If you now run the task again to show the web screen and click the link, it should show the toast with the text Hello World!
You can build any page you want and make it fully interactable with AutoApps Commands!