Here you'll create a single profile that can be called from anywhere within AutoWear (like a screen, notification, floating icon, etc) that will launch any existing task you want.
STEP 1 - CREATE TEST TASK
We're just creating a test task that we can use the profile with. If you want to call an existing task you can just use that
- Create a new Task in Tasker and call it "Test Task"
- Add a flash action with the text "Works!"
STEP 2 - CREATE PROFILE THAT LAUNCHES ANY TASK
This will make this profile trigger any time you send the command that contains "task=:=", like "task=:=Test Task" for example. See where I'm getting at?
- Create a new Tasker profile
- Set the "AutoWear Command" condition
- In the command filter write "task=:="
This will run a task with the name of whatever is at the right of "=:=", so we should put a task name there. More info about this command system here.
- In the task add a "Perform Task" action
- in the Task name write %awcomm
- Back out of Tasker to save this new profile
STEP 3 - TEST IT!
The command "test=:=Test Task" should be sent, making the profile trigger, which runs the "Test Task" task, making the "Works!" flash appear
- In AutoWear create a new Single Screen
- Set the tap command to "task=:=Test Task"
- Accept it
- On your watch tap the screen.
Now every time you want to call an existing task from autowear just set the command to "task=:=TASK NAME HERE", and the task will run
Launch any existing Task 1.1.1
Learn how to launch any existing Tasker Task with a single AutoWear profile