When you're finished with this tutorial you'll be able to remotely open apps on your PC with your voice as seen in this video at 2:23:
To complete this tutorial you'll need:
STEP 1 - ENABLE GOOGLE NOW INTEGRATION FOR AUTOVOICE
STEP 2 - SETUP TASKER PROFILE TO LISTEN FOR COMMAND
- Open Tasker
- Create new profile
- Choose the "AutoVoice Recognized" event
- Set the command filter to "open (?<app>.+) on my pc" (no quotes)
- enable the regex option
- accept these settings and create the correspondent task
STEP 3 - SHOW THAT %APP IS SET CORRECTLY AND SEND MESSAGE TO PC
You have received the correct command, we now need to send it to EventGhost
- Add a "Flash" action with the text "Opening %app on PC" just to check if the variable was set correctly
- Add a "Join Send Push" action
- Select your Chrome or Windows 10 device
- Set the "Text" field to "launch=:=%app" (no quotes)
- Accept these settings
- Back out of Tasker to save this new profile
- Test this voice command by saying "open rayman on my PC" for example. You should now see the flash on your phone and a notification on your PC with the text "launch=:=rayman"
- Setup the EventGhost AutoRemote plugin as described here
STEP 4 - SET THE EVENTGHOST AUTOREMOTE PORT IN JOIN SETTINGS
This will create a Macro that reacts to the "launch=:=" command we saw earlier. This macro presses the window key, writes down the name of the app and presses Return.
- Open Join's settings either in Chrome or the Windows 10 app
- Set the EventGhost Port to 1818 (or something else if you changed it while setting up AutoRemote in EventGhost)
- In EventGhost, select the "Configuration Tree" item on the right and paste this text with Ctrl-V:Code (Text):<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Macro Name="Launch App From AutoRemote" Expanded="True">
<Event Name="AutoRemote.Message.launch" />
Everything should work now!
- You say the "open rayman on my pc" command on your phone
- you should see the message being sent to Join on your PC...
- ...which then redirects it to EventGhost
- EventGhost launches the app