STEP 1 - CREATE AUTOREMOTE PROFILE
This will make this profile trigger every time a message that contains the text "paste=:=" arrives
- Create a new Profile with an"AutoRemote" event condition (not state)
- In the message filter write "paste=:="
- Create a new task
STEP 2 - COPY TEXT TO CLIPBOARD
%arcomm is a variable that contains the text at the right of =:= so if you receive the message "paste=:=some text", %arcomm will contain "some text". More about this here.
- Insert a "Set Clipboard" action
- Set the clipboard text to %arcomm
STEP 3 - SHOW WHAT YOU'RE PASTING
This is just a visual way to know that the task is working correctly
- Add a "Flash" action with the text "Pasting %arcomm"
STEP 4 - PASTE THE TEXT
This will make AutoInput paste the text into whatever text field you're editing at the moment, that is, the field that has "focus".
- Add an "AutoInput Action" Tasker action
- In the "Action" field, select "Paste"
- In the "Field Type" field, select "Focus"
- Accept these settings
STEP 5 - SAVE
- Back out of Tasker so everything's saved
STEP 6 - TEST
"AutoInput can paste this" should now be written in the text field you were editing on your Android device
- On your PC, open your AutoRemote [joaoapps.com/autoremote/personal|personal URL].
- In the message field write "paste=:=AutoInput can paste this"
- On your Android device, open the Google Search app (or any app where you can input text)
- On your PC, click the "Send Message Now!" button
For more information, check out the AutoInput category page.